Is your dog just a bit shy? Stressed? Afraid? Wish you knew how to help? This 2 hour lecture by Suzanne Clothier provides detailed information to help viewers develop empathy, understanding and humane options for their work with stressed or anxious dogs.
- Stress and its effects on physiology and behavior
- The role of arousal in stress, anxiety and fear
- Assessing stress levels in dogs
- Providing support and safety for the anxious dog
- The pros and cons of common strategies for managing anxiety
Whether you're wondering about counter-conditioning vs. flooding, if your dog might need medication, or if training would help, Suzanne provides a thoughtful framework for finding the best solution for each individual dog.
Running time: approximately 2 hours.