For those attending workshops/seminars here at Hawks Hunt Farm, these are the nearby options.
- Herkimer Motel - Herkimer Motel in Herkimer (about 25 minutes away) Everyone's favorite - nice folks! Our recommended hotel in the area, in a town with 24/7 shopping (but also a bit busy/noisy at times)
- Crystal Grove Diamond Mine & Campground - (5 minutes away) Nice folks, very close but a bit pricey for the services offered
- Microtel Inn & Suites - Johnstown NY about 30 minutes away New, and we've had nice reports from those who stayed there
- Holiday Inn - Johnstown about 30 minutes away Everyone who has stayed there has been happy
- Royal Mountain Campsite - 15 minutes away. They have left two of our guests literally out in the cold at midnight despite triple checked reservations, so book with caution
- The Knights Inn in Little Falls - accepts dogs, 15 minutes away. Across the street from railroad! Not great for light sleepers, but walking distance to 24/7 grocery store
You can find B&Bs in the area by searching for the St. Johnsville area; most do not accept dogs (but you can ask!), very nice if you want a bit of luxury. Some are better priced than the local hotels! Two do stand out: Please be sure and tell them that you are attending a Suzanne Clothier seminar at Hawks Hunt Farm for best pricing.
Hazelnut Farm B&B - Ft. Plain NY (20 min drive) Great reports from those who have stayed
Heritage Meadows Farm B&B - St. Johnsville NY (10-15 min drive) Everyone who has stayed has been happy!
AIRPORTS Those flying in should fly into Albany International - ALB (about 1.25 hours away) or Syracuse International - SYR (about 1.45 hours away). Both are easy airports to get in and out of at any time, pleasant drive to the farm from both. Note to the economy minded: Although it looks easy on the map, we do NOT recommend that you attempt to save $ by flying into the major NYC airports (Newark, Kennedy or LaGuardia) and then driving north. The driving in the area of those airports is among some of the worst in the US.